Updated – 29 July 2021
With the support of Their Majesties and Their Highnesses, know that the Middle Kingdom will NOT be changing the current no feasts/communal food requirements. As such, please continue for the foreseeable future as we have been for the last month.
To help clarify, this means the ONLY restrictions the Middle Kingdom has at this time are as follows:
- You must be pre-registered or you cannot attend a weekend event. Pre-registration should include, at a minimum, information required for contact tracing purposes.
- ALL events (weekend events, meetings, fighter practice, guild meetings, etc.) MUST complete a contact tracing form with VIABLE contact information for all attendees, including children, for each event.
- Post the Board required language…everywhere. If in doubt, post it.
- NO FEAST/COMMUNAL FOOD is permitted.
- Gallon jug of water/Gatorade where everyone helps themselves are not approved in the Midrealm at this time as it creates a safety concern of too many touch points. So bring your own hydration.
Food spreads provided by SCA groups or households where people graze are not permitted. Please pack your food/snack accordingly. Individuals may have shared food among small groups, but must have a sign indicating that the food is provided by an individual, and not a SCA group/household, and is consumed at an individual’s own risk.
After discussions, a lunch tavern may be permitted, but MUST have the food individually pre-packaged and be served by a single gloved individual. There should not be communal seating – patrons should return to their day camps to eat. The Board required language should be clearly displayed near the “tavern.”
Please, do not get creative with these rules. While I’m sure loopholes can be found in these simple rules, we are concerned with safety. Bear this in mind. If there is a report of a positive testing of an individual who attended your event, please contact me, with a copy to your Regional, so we can discuss the process required.
Above all, remember to be gentle with each other. Don’t crowd people. Give space if asked. Nobody is required to tell you if they are vaccinated. Groups are NOT permitted to check or ask for proof of vaccination, although requests may be gently made requesting masking or vaccination. Please request a copy of approved language to this effect from your Regional Seneschal.
Masks may be worn, but are not required. Comments on people wearing them are not needed. Be extra kind to your officers, the Royals, Curia, Baronage, Regionals, Deputies, and Local Officers – we are all volunteers and doing the best we can to serve you and the Kingdom.
Changes occur quickly and sometimes while we are working at our “other” jobs, so we can’t respond as quickly. We beg your patience and understanding. Finally, regardless of your office, or even if you have no office, do not feel obligated to attend any event if you don’t feel comfortable. If someone tries to guilt you, come to me. I’ll tell you personally, it is OK. You are NOT obligated. Be safe.
Master Cerridwen verch Ioreword