Rules Regarding Reopening the Middle Kingdom – July 1, 2021
- All rules are subject to change according to the direction of the Crown / Kingdom Seneschal.
- Masks and vaccinations
- a Masks are no longer required for attendance.
- b. Reminder: NO asking for vaccination cards or negative test results.
- If sites require vaccination cards or testing results, contact the Kingdom Seneschal at [email protected]. The Kingdom Seneschal will need detailed information, including who from the site will be responsible for checking, if they will be keeping records, how they will know if everyone has been checked, and how they will handle children 11 and under or others who cannot be vaccinated.
- c. The following must be posted at event notices, flyers, online announcements, and advertisements, as well as being posted in multiple locations, including Gate, at all events:
Although the SCA complies with all applicable laws to try to ensure the health and safety of our event participants, we cannot eliminate the risk of exposure to infectious diseases during in-person events. By participating in the in-person events of the SCA, you acknowledge and accept the potential risks. You agree to take any additional steps to protect your own health and safety and those under your control as you believe to be necessary.
- 3. Events
- “Events” are defined as any official SCA activity including practices, meetings and weekend events
- Pre-registration for “weekend” events is Required.
- SCARs or some other form of gathering attendees contact information, membership numbers, etc. (ex. Google Forms, Sign-up Genius, Survey Monkey, etc.), is required. Acceptance of electronic payment is highly encouraged in order to help keep lines short and minimize contact points.
- Practices, meetings, and gatherings (A&S) MUST have sign in sheets where attendees gather VIABLE contact information and attendees’ modern name for contact tracing purposes. All attendees, even children, must be signed in.
- 4. Food at Events
- NO COMMUNUAL FOOD
- This means no fighter food
- No shared drinks/Gatorade
- No group provided lunch tavern, unless it is individually wrapped and distributed by a single person wearing gloves
- No hospitality table
- No FeastsEvents can provide individual bottles of water/Gatorade/etc., but this should be limited.
- NO COMMUNUAL FOOD
Master Cerridwen verch Ioreword
Middle Kingdom Seneschal