Greetings and well met.
Welcome to the new midrealm.org and the services portal. We hope that this enhances your experience interacting with the Middle Kingdom. To that end, we have divided the services for you into three distinct areas:
- Main website (you are here)
- Library of Documents
- Services Portal
The main website is where you will serve as the hub to get around. The library of documents is a searchable repository of the forms and documents we use at events and for administrative tasks. The services portal is where you will find the Full Calendar, Award Recommendations, Group and Officer Maintenance, Officer Reporting, and more. More services are being added in the near future to aid in executing the business of the kingdom.
To help you with the new services portal, the Kingdom Web Minister has a YouTube Channel that includes videos on on how to use the various applications contained in the portal. More videos are coming soon, so check back there often.
If you run into an issue or have a question, please send an email to our Helpdesk and someone will assist you as soon as possible.
Good morning, everyone.
I am going to be making some posts each week about changes or updates to the site and services portal. So, without further ado some changes made you may be interested in.
- Implemented a fix for displaying the login and SCA name in the menu bar on mobile devices.
- Added detailed steps to filling out an officer report. Note: Filling out an officer report is a three step process; 1) selecting the office and report year/quarter; 2) Filling out the question section for the office; and 3) submitting the report so that your superiors get alerted the report is complete.
- Added deputy pages to the main site with more to come.
Some new features that are on the near horizon:
- Add a view of the officer reports that includes the questions and answers.
- A more detailed video on filling out officer reports.
- Documentation and videos on using the Midrealm API services. The API can be leveraged to display information like group officers, calendar of events, and the order of precedence. The video will describe how we implemented the API to make calls to the Services Portal to display the 30 Day Calendar on the front page of midrealm.org, display officer information on each page for the kingdom officers, and the display of deputy officers. More API functions can be added as the need arises and I encourage anyone with a project to approach me and discuss how you can leverage all of this information for your group’s needs.
You can now see all the downloadable files for your office, as well as articles, handbooks, and guides at the Midrealm Documents Library! If there are files for your office that you would like to have included, please contact the Librarian, Aleksei Vasilev.